Wednesday, November 5, 2008

Can We Fix It?*

WE WON!!!

I can't remember being this excited about a Presidential election before. Even the kids caught the enthusiasm and were all excited last night about Barack Obama's victory. Okay, so actually, we sent them to bed before the election was called, but even by then in was a forgone conclusion.

The commentator on ABC noted how sober Obama was last night. But really, could you blame him? I remember getting my first positive pregnancy test. Even though it was totally planned and it was the result we were hoping for, my first reaction was "oh sh*t, what have I gotten myself into?!?" Reality has sunk in and the enormity of the responsibilities and challenges that lie ahead is staring you in the face.

Still, I think if anyone is up to the job, Obama is. Here's to the next four years.

*Yes We Can! (Um, yeah, I think so.)  --Bob the Builder

No comments: