Wednesday, December 3, 2008

5 things meme

I'm a little late on this meme, but here goes anyway:

5 Things I was doing 10 years ago

1. Getting married.
2. Not talking to my father because I was living "in sin." Until the day of the wedding. Then he started talking to me again.
3. Still taking classes in grad school.
4. Singing in a chorus for the first time since grade school.
5. Buying my first car.

5 Things on my to do list today

(well, today is almost over, but anyway...)
1. Pack my suitcase.
2. Make sure I have everything I need for this conference I'm going to.
3. Work on my application to the APS skills development workshop.
4. Give the cat her thyroid medication.
5. Go to bed.

5 snacks I love

1. Dark chocolate.
2. Chili lime flavored cashews from Trader Joes.
3. Dark chocolate covered nuts.
4. HabeƱero flavored pistachios from Trader Joes.
5. Dark chocolate covered dried fruit.

5 things I would do if I were a millionaire

1. Pay off the mortgage.
2. Save for retirement.
3. Save for my kids' college funds.
4. Buy a hybrid or electric convertible two-seater. If only they made them.
5. Work part-time. (A million dollars doesn't go very far anymore...)

5 places I've lived

1. In a co-ed fraternity.
2. Next door to a Catholic high school. In sin.
3. In a flat in England.
4. Across the street from a corn field.
5. At the end of a dead end street.

5 jobs I've had

1. Counselor at a summer math program for geeky gifted high school students.
2. Constructing prototypes for a programmable LEGO brick. (Turns out I can solder really well.)
3. Intern at a computer research lab.
4. Teaching assistant.
5. Postdoc

5 people I'd like to share this meme with

Anybody who read this blog. I don't think there are more than five of you to begin with.

No comments: